Reporting to the Chair of Poacher 2022
We are recruiting for the exciting position of Finance Manager for Poacher 2022. Are you an Accountant looking for a fun way of using your skills? The role of Finance Manager is a key role within the Poacher Senior Management Team. You will be responsible for the all the finance and accounting transactions of the Jamboree, be the budgeting lead and be instrumental in all key decisions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified Accountant (by experience or on paper) who can work at a high level but also be hands on during the week of the Jamboree within the Finance Team. You will have an experienced Treasurer to support you with the day to day transactions.
· Taking the lead in coordinating the budget process from the date of appointment through to the end of the Jamboree as we are constantly evaluating budget to actual.
· Ensuring regular finance reporting to the Senior Management Team.
· Attending Senior Management Team meetings (held about once a quarter moving to once a month during the year of the Jamboree).
· Day to day management of the Finance Team during the week of Jamboree ensuring accurate and timely recording of all income and expenditure.
· The lead in preparing the Jamboree accounts for submission for independent review.
· Preparing Statutory Accounts for Poacher Trading Limited each year as well as undertaking the Company Secretarial submissions.
· Registration for VAT for Poacher Trading at the appropriate time and subsequent preparation and submission of VAT returns.
This role is voluntary and therefore it is important we are honest about the commitment. In the run up to the Jamboree the requirements are ‘spikey’ – there can be a few quiet weeks and then a flurry of activity as we near a Senior Management Team meeting etc. In the year of the Jamboree the time requirement increases as you monitor bookings and monies being received as well as coordinating the expenditure. It is a requirement that you are on site for the week of the Jamboree but it isn’t essential that you stay over each night. Post Jamboree you will be required to pull everything together for the final accounts which again will take some time. Previous post holders however have managed to fit in this around a full time job and remain sane!
To apply please send a CV and covering email explaining why the role interests you and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held by Zoom.
|Job Category||Business Services|
Make a note of the 3 staff roles that you are most interested in, then use the button below to start your staff booking application. Some extra guidance on completing the booking form can be found here. Or you can email us at email@example.com